Yesterday was the day that marked the rest of my life. It was my last day at EDS. EDS was a massive part of my life that I won't ever forget. It was my first full-time job after Uni, and my step into HR as well as my 3rd job. In the midst of this was my 8 months at United Biscuits, which I think was a stepping stone for me. I'm not sure it was the best move for my career to return to EDS. But I guess now, as a rule... I won't ever return to anything I've left, not at least in exactly the same capacity (that goes for Mr. B too! - Unless ofcourse he comes back with his parents this time... like.. yeh right!!). But again, it's the people that lured me back, oh and Subway! And the 10 min drive in... Alhumdulillah tho, I've met two new great people - Satti and Saima, with whom I hope I'll remain good friends.
At first, Saima comes across as a typical Slough girl. Straightened hair, make-up... And the facial attitude to match. But upon conversing with her, you will find sensitivity to culture, an interest in Islam and high principles. She will do whats right, and slap the wrong. A very strong minded individual, full of smiles and much love for her family and friends - oh and Amar!
With Satti, what you see is what you get. Very level headed. You can see how her level headedness, and calm nature obtained her the position of 2nd Tier Advisor at the salary she is currently receiving. She speaks very professionally yet in a very soft tone, and loves compliments! (who doesn't?) ;o)
I met many people whose character will stay with me, and have in some ways formed a part of me - in my memories, in my own character. Of course, there are those who will remain with me (as above).
This year has been a bit of a wierd one. First and foremost was my relationship with Mr. B. On.. Off... On... Off.... It's odd that I met Mr. B on my 1st EDS leaving do, and we finished around the same time I left EDS 2nd time round. The turning point of the year would be my return to EDS - higher salary, better benefits. But now that I'm leaving, I somewhat lost. Altho I'm anxious about finding a new job, its not a great worry for the moment Alhumdulillah. And yes, I would like to get married - but again it's not a great necessity.
For once in a long time, I have no worries. I'm not thinking about something. My brain is resting! I have nothing to moan about, to talk about. I'm bored!
It's like I'm in limbo. Like I should have felt like between Uni and getting a job, but I didn't really get a chance. So InshaAllah, I'll make the most of this time. This is my time.
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment