Firstly, might I stress the following facts:
- It was Eid today
- This should have taken place within 30 days of his trial
- This execution occurred between 30-40 days of the trial
- The West used to be sh*t scared of Saddam!
I have mixed feelings regarding the demise of Saddam Hussein. When I looked at him over the lest few years, I saw a helpless old man unable to say or do anything to clear his name. He around was the age of my grandfather, and was most likely suffering from the pangs of oldage. What if his intentions to make Iraq a prosperous country were true? What if he was carrying out punishments from within the Shariah? Is he still a tyrant?
This execution should not have occurred on Eid, a day of celebration. Isn't this againt the Islamic Shari'ah? Below is the link of a dialogue of the Judge Haddad who oversaw the execution of Saddam.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6220087.stm
"US President George W Bush hailed the execution as "an important milestone" on the road to building an Iraqi democracy, but warned it would not end the deadly violence there"
[http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6219861.stm]
How many innocent civilians have died as a result of their initial invasion for the so-called 'Weapons of Mass destruction'? Which was later deemed a 'mistake'.

No comments:
Post a Comment