Monday, December 18, 2006

Illness: Cold and Flu

The demise of humanity: The Cold/Flu virus. It doesn't help when your doctors surgery doesn't pick up the phone to make an appointment. So off to Superdrug I went, sneezing and spluttering all the way... The vision of 'Moses water split' comes to mind - everyone steps out of your way when you've a bright red runny nose! ;o)

If it wasn't bad enough to be hit with such an unkind freak of nature, as you approach Pharmacy desk it's already enough to make you feel dizzy without having to choose from the Red and Yellow packs of 'Lemsip Max' and 'Lemsip Max Plus', or the less obscure 'Superdrug own brand', in comparison to the navy colours 'Beechams All in one', or 'Beechams powder capsules'... What ever happened to 'it does what it says on the tin'? Or should I just get plain paracetamol? All of the above contain paracetamol by the way.Then there's the choice of throat lozenges - Strepsils, Halls Soothers, Lockets, tunes. I'm surprised Which? hasn't written a report on this yet.

Just to let you know... I came to the conclusion that the most expensive (Lemsip) isn't necessarily the best, and they all pretty much do the same thing. With Beechams on sale (just 20p dearer then Superdrug own brand), I settled for Beechams All in one, tho I struggle to accept there is much difference between Beechams All in One, and Beechams Powder capsule except one is in caplet form, and the other in a capsule - which by the way probably has animal derivatives. As for the throat lozenge - Strepsiles, why? I like the taste. Rocket science eh?

No comments: