Friday, October 27, 2006

People come and go...

I have come to the conclusion that Allah puts people in our lives in order to learn from them and educate us in some way or another. Then when the person leaves from your life, they either leave a pleasant scent or a pungant smell; but whatever the case may be, we should become better people for it.

There have been times in which I have been the helper, in which case I learnt to help others... conduct myself in order that the other person benefits.

Other times when things go wrong it can be a great test on our strength, but again it makes us stronger people for it. What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

I was left pretty baffled by the whole situation with 'Bibi', but now Alhumdulillah... I feel like I learnt how not to be when someone leaves my life. In hindsight, had it been my best mate I would have just let her go... but then again, for her to leave my life there has to have been a MAJOR disagreement between us and I'm sure we would both make our situations clear to each other. Bibi didn't do that... he just let me get on with it, and think what I wanted to think.. Now that was cruel!! Anyway, InshaAllah I'll not go down that route again, Want to marry me? Once you've got to know me, then don't procratinate... get your family to come to mine and make it HALAL! Cos that's where me a Bibi went wrong - we kept meeting up for coffee's now and again, and it didn't go anywhere. I was too afraid of rejection to ask him to involve his parents, and he.. well ... only God knows.

I was thinking, should come back again - would I take him back? You know what... I honestly don't know. The first time we met, it was cool, and then he told me he couldn't do it due to family reasons. Then the second time, I kept at an arms length - and so did he. But.. again he broke it off. Finally, I didn't want to give him my heart... and found it difficult to write the poems I did at the beginning (see blog 'Butterfly poems) purely because I realise now that I was heart-broken from the previous times, and didn't want to be again. But needless to say, it still shattered me. But then again, when one looses something, or someone they love.. naturally, you miss it and you want it.. and will do anything to keep it. But what the mind doesn't understand, and the heart does - It's gone... it's gone.

No comments: