Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Have I packed my bags?

Here's something one of my students gave me. Very basic, but it certainly hits the spot!

When we pack our bags to go on holiday, or visit far away friends, we remember to pack our clothes, shoes, bathroom necessities and other little things...

Since we could understand right from wrong, we have started packing our bags and will finish when our souls leave us.
  • Have I packed my Salah 5 times a day?
  • Have I packed my Fasting?
  • Have I packed my reading and memorizing Qur'an?
  • Have I packed those little things we do for Allahs' sake and get Ajr for?
  • Have I?

My bags are called Life. I have to pack everyday because I don't know when Allah will call me back to him, so I have to be ready to go all the time, anywhere.

And on the way up to Allah, I don't have any U-turns so that I could go back and get the things I forgot to pack. So I must start packing if I haven't, and don't forget, there's no such thing as too many bags when I'm packing for my Ultimate trip... to Allah.

No comments: